A Kimai 2 plugin, which allows to use barcodes for punch-in and punch-out time tracking with Kimai. You can use it with an attached barcode scanner or you run Kimai on a device (eg. tablet) with a built-in camera.
If you want to use Kimai in a kiosk mode, where your users should only register their attendance time through punch-in and punch-out mode when entering/leaving the building, then this bundle is the solution for you.
It could be as simple as:
- Print the barcodes on your employee cards
- Mount a tablet to the wall in your entrance room
- Let your users check-in & check-out when entering the building by scanning the barcode from the employees ID card
- You can also use RFID tags via USB reader, which act as keyboard
- Start/Stop work with device camera or with a hardware barcode scanner (eg. via USB)
- Upon starting/stopping a record via this plugin, the user will see a short overview screen with the entries of the current week, including some statistics
- New user profile screen for the "users barcode setting"
- Display current barcode (randomly generated if empty)
- Regenerate random barcode
- Set existing barcode for user
- The following 1D barcodes are supported: Code 128, Code 39, UPC-A (scanner needs to transmit check digit), Code 2 of 5, Code 2 of 5 interleaved, Codabar (scanner needs to transmit start & stop digits)
- Limit when users can clock in & out (user specific)
Full documentation can be found at this store page.
You can test it in the "Plugins" demo.